If you like what you read, consider donating to help me support my family.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I wish I had some assistants!

To make a manga, or really any type of graphic novel, the author/main artist write the manuscript, and does the story boards, and then draws the main scenes, but has an army of assistants to handle the backgrounds, shading, toner, etc.

To make a piece of crochet, it's pretty much all one person doing the work - whether they follow a pattern or freestyle it. This is wonderful when my hands need something to do, because when my hands are idle, I tend to suffer for it, lol! On the other hand, I often want to make dresses that are for too complicated for me to ever finish. This is where some henchmen - er um I mean assistants - would come in handy.

For 2 years now, I have had a design for a wedding dress in the back of my mind. It would take me probably a year of constant work to actually finish it, and even then, I need an actual body to fit it to because it's definitely not for me! (I've been married for 10 years, and even if I needed another dress for a vow renewal, i'd probably choose something a lot simpler.)

Then there's this; I found it last night as I was surfing the web, and I think it would make an EXCELLENT crocheted dress - if I could create a pattern for it, heh heh. Perhaps I should buy a barbie and make one for her just to get the pattern right...


1 comment:

  1. The Guardian would make a good dress. And if you had some assistants, you could write more!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage everyone to comment... except spammers and bots. So, I am sorry that I have to require moderation, but I've now officially got 10 times more comments from spammers than real people. Thank you for your comment and have a happy day :-)

Charts and Readings

Choose