If you like what you read, consider donating to help me support my family.

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Perfect Pair of Pants

I buy one new pair of pants a year, and it's not because I actually need a new pair of pants - no my pants are all still in great condition. I buy the new pants because the old pair has stretched out just a bit, and it is a pain in the ass to wear them! For example, the pants I bought last September still look practically new, especially when they've just been washed, but they sag like a pair of 60 year old tits!

I hate saggy pants! I want them to hug my butt like a second skin, and then I want the legs to flare out just a bit. Nothing like bell bottoms, but enough that they have, well... flair. I used to have a pair of jeans that fit me exactly the way I wanted them too. The hugged my hips - rather than my waist - were tight enough to make me look 2 sizes smaller, and had excellent flair to the legs, without looking like they were made for a hippy. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some gorgeous bell bottoms, but they are not my thing. In short, these jeans were perfect!

But then I lost them. Do not ask me how my FAVORITE pair of jeans just vanished, but they totally did. I rather suspect my grandma got tired of me looking like an elephant trying to wear a snakeskin, but in any case I miss them to this day. Almost 10 years later...

I am not deluded enough to think that my perfect jeans would still be in good condition and fit me perfectly all these years later, BUT I could have taken them apart, and used them as a template to make myself a new pair, or several, lol! I really want a pair of good fitting jeans, and I hate wasting old saggy jeans, so this summer, I plan to turn my old jeans into new jeans by pulling them apart, and cutting them into strips like yarn so I can crochet a new pair of pants out of them.

I am praying that I can crochet them in a way that fits, looks good, and that I will want to wear. I'm thinking I will make my pattern out of cheap black yarn first so that if they don't look good, I can pull them apart and fix them before I work with the denim strips, which may fray if I work them too much. Anyway, I am excited, and I wonder: What do you all consider to be the perfect pair of pants?

2 comments:

  1. My perfect pair of pants is any carpentur pants that are a mens size 40/32

    ReplyDelete
  2. My perfect pair would be anything comfy. I don't care if they're saggy or not, as long as they're not too tight anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage everyone to comment... except spammers and bots. So, I am sorry that I have to require moderation, but I've now officially got 10 times more comments from spammers than real people. Thank you for your comment and have a happy day :-)

Charts and Readings

Choose