If you like what you read, consider donating to help me support my family.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Biscuits

After I made Mayo Version II, I started craving bread to slather it on. The only stuff we had in the house was hubby's store bought white bread because he prefers bland and soft - it's what he was raised on. I CAN'T eat that, no matter how badly I'm craving bread. I know that it is not food, and I cringe anytime it's the only stuff in the house.

I'm not really supposed to eat bread or grains at all, but my boys can have it; so I normally have a loaf of sourdough in the house for them. I'd used the last of it up on sandwiches for them yesterday, so I decided to try making some biscuits.

I used:
2 cups flour
4 tsp (aluminum free) baking powder
RealSalt - I shook a bunch in there because I wanted it salty, lol!
2 sticks butter
Sour cream mixed with a bit of water. I could have used milk or buttermilk (or yogurt) but this is what I had on hand AND surprisingly, what the recipe I found online recommended :-)

I mixed the dry ingredients together and then cut in the butter using my electric mixer. Lastly, I mixed in the sourcream/water to meld it together.
Using extra flour as necessary, I kneaded balls of dough into biscuit shapes, and then baked them at 425 for about 20 minutes. Looking good so far! (Note, my toaster oven is currently wonky, so 20 minutes is a guess. Check on them at 15 minutes and then every 5 minutes after that to see if they are done.)

Now I just have to wait for them to cool down, sigh...I HATE waiting!

Lol! Have a happy day :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage everyone to comment... except spammers and bots. So, I am sorry that I have to require moderation, but I've now officially got 10 times more comments from spammers than real people. Thank you for your comment and have a happy day :-)

Charts and Readings

Choose