If you like what you read, consider donating to help me support my family.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

As I fell asleep, I started laughing

Once upon a time ago, after hubby and I had been married about a year, we lived with his mom. This was due to a series of unfortunate events and was not our first choice I assure you. Anyway, one night, hubby and I were rough-housing in our room, and he was tickling me. I hate being tickled, and kicked. I did not intend to hurt him, but suddenly he was crying in pain.

At this point in our marriage, I had already discovered two things: I had a higher tolerance for pain than he did, and he often acted like a baby when he got hurt. For example, if I stubbed my toe, I might say, "Ouch! that f-in hurt." If he stubbed his toe, he was likely to scream in pain and rage, and then take a nuclear missile out to destroy whatever he stubbed his toe on.

Therefore, when hubby started crying and insisting that I had broken his pinkie toe, I was certain that he was over-reacting. I had seen him cry more in our first year of marriage than I had cried in the previous 5 years. And you know, he always over dramatizes his owies. Hubby used a medical tape to bind his toe to the others, and took some pain meds. His mom always has a well stocked med-kit. I will not go into detail about how I almost slammed the same foot in his truck door a week or so later, heh heh.

About a year later, we lived in Brainerd, and hubby had an accident at work in which a heavy board was dropped on, you guessed it, the same foot. I drove him to the doctor, and sat behind him as the doctor viewed the x-rays. "Your foot is not broken," the doctor announced, "but according to this, your pinkie toe was broken about a year ago -"

James immediately spun around, pointed his finger at me, and yelled, "I told you!" I blushed, held up my hands, and cried out, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" The doctor had an expression of ??? and James explained what had happened. He cleared his throat, replied, "Well your foot is fine, you can go now," and fled the room. I think he wanted to go laugh his ass off somewhere we couldn't hear him.

Anyway, last night, as I was falling asleep, I remember this incident, and bust up laughing. I wish I could say that I had pleasant dreams after that, but I honestly don't remember, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage everyone to comment... except spammers and bots. So, I am sorry that I have to require moderation, but I've now officially got 10 times more comments from spammers than real people. Thank you for your comment and have a happy day :-)

Charts and Readings

Choose