If you like what you read, consider donating to help me support my family.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Miyazaki

We've been having something of a Hayao Miyazaki film festival this week, watching all of our favorite movies. I love pretty much everything Miyazaki makes! From Nausicaa

 Nausicaa (; often rendered NausicaƤ or Nausikaa;  Homeri Odyssea , book 6, line 17, Georg Olms Ver

To Kiki



To Howl's Moving Castle



I love them all!!! My hubby says that Howl is his favorite movie, but mine is probably lesser known. It's called Whisper of the Heart, and is about a 14 year old girl who wants to be a writer when she grows up. (Gee, is it any wonder why I love that movie, lol!)



My favorite scene from the movie is when she's visiting her friend, and begs him to play the violin for her, but he says that he will only do so if she sings along. He then play the music to a popular song that he knows she knows the lyrics to. She's actually rewritten the lyrics, and what she sings is a song that gets stuck in my head a lot! lol!

My boys' favorite Miyazaki movie is called Ponyo, which is a close second in my favorites :-)



Okay, I think that's enough of my gushing praise for now, lol! Maybe I'll make a second post once we've finished our mini marathon :-)

Have a happy day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage everyone to comment... except spammers and bots. So, I am sorry that I have to require moderation, but I've now officially got 10 times more comments from spammers than real people. Thank you for your comment and have a happy day :-)

Charts and Readings

Choose