If you like what you read, consider donating to help me support my family.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Apple Cider and Dandelion Wine Vinaigrette

After making some Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Vinaigrette, we've been thinking about trying our hand at other vinaigrettes, but haven't really wanted to mess with our favorite. This means we haven't been motivated to actually stray from the tried and true, lol!

Tonight, I discovered that we are out of Red Wine Vinegar, and since I'd already made the salad, I needed to whip something else up quick! (I could have easily made some ranch, but I decided to try something new.)

Using a basic template of equal parts Vinegar, Wine, and oil with a dash of salt, I decided to try making a Vinaigrette with Apple Cider Vinegar, Dandelion Wine, and Olive oil. I had to add a tiny bit more wine to get the flavor to balance right AND I think it could benefit from some garlic or some herbs, but the base recipe is actually pretty good. It was kinda iffy all on it's own BUT when I put it on the salad, it was a somewhat neutral dressing for the salad.

In fact, it went really well with the dill weed that I'd put on the salad, so I may put some garlic powder and dill weed in it. :-)

Rest assured, the experimentation WILL continue, lol!

Have a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage everyone to comment... except spammers and bots. So, I am sorry that I have to require moderation, but I've now officially got 10 times more comments from spammers than real people. Thank you for your comment and have a happy day :-)

Charts and Readings

Choose