If you like what you read, consider donating to help me support my family.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Super Simple Tartar Sauce

My hubby loves tartar sauce, the store bought kind. I dislike tartar sauce, so I've never tried to make it before. Lo and behold, tonight, we ran out and hubby needed some asap. So I looked up a couple of recipes online, and here's what I decided to try.

Sour Cream - I used about a half a cup, but use however much you think you'll need.
Salt - I used RealSalt brand sea salt - to taste
Onion powder - also to taste (I used approx 1 TBSP)

Combine and mix together thoroughly, and then add about 2 TBSP of sweet relish. We happen to have this on hand so it's what I used, although I probably could have made that too if I'd had to, lol!

Mix again, et voila! I tasted it and made a face because it tasted almost dead on to me. My hubby liked it, but it's missing that Je ne sais quois in his opinion, lol! (chemicals...)

If you try it, let me know what you think :-D

As for me, I made the same thing but omitted the sweet relish, instead adding just a splash of my favorite pickle juice. It also turned out pretty well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage everyone to comment... except spammers and bots. So, I am sorry that I have to require moderation, but I've now officially got 10 times more comments from spammers than real people. Thank you for your comment and have a happy day :-)

Charts and Readings

Choose